RON HENGGELER

December 27, 2012
My friend Jane Goodall. . .Grand Marshall of the 2012 Rose Bowl Parade

Renowned chimpanzee researcher and environmentalist, Jane Goodall has recently been named the grand marshal of the 2013 Rose Parade.

After hearing the news of her latest achievement, Goodall responded in one of the most clever ways possible, with a line from Dr. Seuss, “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!,” which just so happens to be the 124th Rose Parade’s theme.

“My dream for this New Year’s Day is for everyone to think of the places we can all go if we work together to make the world a better place, “Goodall said. “Every journey starts with one step. And I am pleased to see the Tournament of Roses continue to take steps towards not only celebrating beauty and imagination but also a cleaner environment.”

Goodall has been known for her travels from England at age 26, to now Tanzania to study chimpanzees. With the help of her research and study, many have gained a better understanding of the way these endangered species live.

According to the Tournament of Roses website, Goodall has been such a great inspiration, making her position as grand marshal a well-deserved honor.

She will then toss the coin before the 99th Rose Bowl Game. “I am honored to be the Grand Marshal for the 2013 Tournament of Roses,” said Dr. Goodall. “New Year’s Day symbolizes the opportunity to work toward new goals, experience new beginnings, and make a difference. My dream for this New Year’s Day is for everyone to think of the places we can all go if we work together to make our world a better place."

Please send your best thoughts and prayers to Mary Lewis, Jane’s dear friend, traveling companion, and secretary.
Mary has recently had spinal surgery and is still in a lot of pain.

Best wishes to everyone for a Happy New Year.
To view more of my photos of Jane Goodall, visit: http://www.ronhenggeler.com/Jane_Goodall/Goodall_index2.html

Newsletters Index: 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006

Photography Index  | Graphics Index | History Index

Home | Gallery | About Me | Links | Contact

© 2015 All rights reserved
The images are not in the public domain. They are the sole property of the artist and may not be reproduced on the Internet, sold, altered, enhanced, modified by artificial, digital or computer imaging or in any other form without the express written permission of the artist. Non-watermarked copies of photographs on this site can be purchased by contacting Ron.